Make your Super Bowl Menu more Super
No matter which team you’ll be rooting for in next week’s Big Game, everyone can cheer for healthier fare when it comes to game-time snacking. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite “Super Swaps” and healthy recipes for dips, snacks, desserts and more. And while it’s fun to enjoy a cold one with friends while watching the game, make sure you’re also enjoying a cold, alkaline-rich evamor to stay balanced and feel SUPER come Monday morning!
Caprese Skewers (Makes 16)
- 16 small fresh skim mozzarella balls
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Coarse salt & fresh group pepper to taste
- Thread mozzarella, basil and tomatoes on small skewers
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Protein-Packed Greek Veggie Dip
- 16oz plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Ranch dip mix
- Veggies for serving: Raw celery sticks, raw carrot sticks, raw cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, raw rainbow peppers
Mix yogurt and ranch dressing together in bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight before serving. Serve with an assortment of raw veggies
Two of our favorite, crowd-pleasing recipes:
Secret Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (16 oz)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 ° degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan with coconut oil spray.
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (except for the chocolate chips) and blend until smooth. Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix with a wooden spatula, being careful of the blade. Pour into baking pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes depending on what size dish you are using. You’ll know they are done when the top is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow bars to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
In the event of leftovers, these will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!